Tour Chester Cathedral, where the most iconic properties are up for grabs; including Chester Cathedral sights, enterprises and Archangels. Invest in chapels and cathedrals, then watch the rent come pouring in! Trade your way to success - you can own it all!
Includes six exclusive playing tokens:
1. The "Elephant and Castle" - a bench-end from our Quire stalls.This bench-end probably reflects a story from the Crusades, of soldiers on the backs of elephants. But the howdah, the canopied seat, has become a castle, complete with battlements and portcullis.
2. The "Jolly Monk" - Given our foundation as a Benedictine abbey in 1092, the monk was a natural choice for a game token.
3. The "Goose" - A goose was selected due to its association with St Werburgh - who was said to have performed many miracles to alleviate sickness, trouble and pain - though most notably for miraculously restoring to life a goose that had been stolen and eaten.
4. The "Little Mouse" - The little mouse recalls old stories of poor church mice, and reminds us to be humble.
5. The "Cathedral Tower." - Naturally, the Tower represents the cathedral itself, and the Tower protects the heart of the cathedral. Visitors to the cathedral can climb up the tower for views across the city and Cheshire.
6. The "Shell" - The shell represents St James, Patron Saint of Pilgrims, and is symbolic of Christian pilgrimage, such as The Two Saints Way - a 92 mile pilgrimage route between the cathedral cities of Chester and Lichfield.