At this point in writing this, lots of Monopoly based jigsaws for various towns, cities, etc. are appearing. This section is concentrating on the "original" jigsaws only.
The game: Rich Uncle Pennybags says of this 550 piece puzzle: "As my Monopoly game nears the golden age of 65, it seemed a good time to reflect on the colorful history of the world's most popular game. When you have completed the puzzle, use the legend to see how my game has evolved since the original edition was introduced in 1935"
1. Standard, Ref. Nr. 9 of 1962.
2. Fragment of the box with Green Border - Popular Ed.No.8 / Junior Ed.No.6, from the period 1935 till 1954.
3. Deluxe Anniversary Edition of 1985.
4. Fragment of the box with Green Border - Popular Ed.No.8 / Junior Ed.No.6, from the period 1935 till 1954.
5. Tin of 1985, also introduced for the 50th Anniversary.
6. Bronze Medal of the U.S. Monopoly Championship in 1987
7. Standard White Box sold from 1935 until 1956
8. Yellow Box with locomotive from 1957.
9. The cardgame of 1994
10. The original issue of Stock Exchange from the period 1936 until 1940
11. The small box with Red Border - Popular Ed.No.8 / Junior Ed.No.6, from the period 1935 until 1954.
12. Property deeds from the 1995 60th Annyversary edition
13. Deluxe edition gameboard from the 1960s. The two colour wooden houses and hotels were used in various editions in the 1960s and 1970s
14. Gameboard of the Deluxe edition from Dunhill Ltd. of the London version. (The tokens shown however do not belong to this set!)
15. Postcard from the 1930s with the Steel Pier and Boardwalk in Atlantic City.
16. Postcard from the 1930s with St.Charles and the Breakers hotel in Atlantic City.
17. The board with accessories of the first Limited Edition of the 60th Anniversary edition of 1995.
18. Standard edition gameboard, shown with hotels from the 50th Anniversary Tin and tokens from the 50th Anniversary Boxed edition.
19. Deluxe edition gameboard from the 1970s, shown with tokens from various editions.
20. Large car token produced in 1977 for the dedication of Parker Brothers' new corporate headquarters in Beverley, Massachusetts. Until 1991, the games were produced at the works in Salem, Massachusetts.
21. A box with wooden houses and hotels in 2 colors from the 1960s and 1970s.
22. Fragment of the Monopoly Jigsaw Puzzle with 625 pieces of 1975. Dimensions of the picture: 53.5 x 53.5 cm.
23. Fragment of Charles Darrow's gameboard of 1933, with banknotes, the property deeds in various colors, wooden houses, hotels and tokens.
This is a three dimensional puzzle which when completed forms a monopoly playing board with a raised area in the centre of the board with slots for the Chance and Community Chest cards and a box in the Jail space to hold pieces trapped there.
It came in pieces as it was a 3D foam jigsaw. It came in quite a large box and the problem with it was when you had finished with it, it took up a lot of space unless you broke it back down in pieces. A very different version of Monopoly. When built it is 51.5cm square and 7.5cm high.
Completing the puzzle also creates a tray to hold the money and deeds and boxes shaped like the house and hotel pieces to hold the given pieces. Comes with all regular components for the game (money, houses / hotels, dice, standard monopoly pawns, and deeds) needed to play the game once the puzzle is completed.
As this makes up a playable board, you can see the different ones in the relevanr countries.
This 750 piece borderless puzzle has irregular edges, images that make it hard to tell which end is up and 5 extra pieces that don't fit. The perfect challange for any accomplished puzzle fan.
Though published in 2021, the Monopoly logo is the pre-2008 logo.
Welcome to World of Monopoly.
Here you can find lots of information about collecting and the many different official versions.
Though there are various Monopoly related items to collect, this website concentrates on the boards only.
This website does not sell any versions.
Here are known upcoming editions and approximate release dates.
Note: Release dates may change and/or editions may not be made.
|Aachen||DE||17 Nov 2023|
|(The) Boys||AUS||Sept 2023|
|Duisburg||DE||24 Nov 2023|
|Ed Sheeran||AUS/UK||Late 2023|
|Elton John||AUS||June 2024|
|Forte dei Marmi||IT||2024|
|Gaby's Dollhouse Junior||AUS||Sept 2023|
|Gorzow Wielkopolski||POL||Late 2023|
|Les Peres du Big Bang||BEL||Mar 2024|
|North Macedonia||Late 2023|
|Newport, RI||USA||June 2024|
|Park City||USA||Early 2024|
|Royal Leamington Spa||UK||Late 2023|
|San Jose||USA||Late 2023|
|Santa Barbara||USA||Nov 2023|
|South Jersey Shore||USA||June 2023|
|Yorkshire Dales||UK||May 2024|
MONOPOLY, Waddington's, Parker Bros., Tonka and Hasbro and are Registered Trade Marks with Hasbro, 1935 2023, HASBRO, PARKER BROTHERS, Tonka, Waddington's, the MONOPOLY name and logo, the distinctive design of the game board, the four corner squares, the MR. MONOPOLY name and character, as well as each of the distinctive elements of the board and playing pieces are trademarks of Hasbro for its property trading game and game equipment. © 1935, 2023 Hasbro. The Winning Moves logo is the registered trademark of Winning Moves and the USAopoly logo is the registered trademark of USAopoly. Groep 24 Logo is the registered trademark of Groep 24. All Rights Reserved. Used with Permission.
All photos and information are copyright to the original owner or this website and must not be copied or used without permission via the website.
© World of Monopoly. All Rights Reserved.