Publisher: Late For The Sky Prod. Comp.
Dimensions of the box: 25.8 x 50.4 cm
Go is called here Blast Off! (and in fact what else could it be here in Houston!). The favourite landmarks and traditions you than subsequently meet are:
BEER CAN HOUSE - ORANGE SHOW - HOUSTON ZOO - SPACE CENTER HOUSTON - SIX FLAG ASTROWORLD - RICE STADIUM - THE SUMMIT - ASTRODOME - NINFA'S - ANTIOCH BABTIST CHURCH - MUSEUM DISTRICT - ALLEY THEATRE - JONES HALL - WORTHAM CENTER - ROTHKO CHAPEL - HERMANN PARK - TRANQUILITY PARK - SAN JACINTO MONUMENT - TEXAS MEDICAL CENTER - HOUSTON SHIP CHANNEL - CITY HALL and NASA.
It is a pity this set does not have an explation booklet about the board spaces, like in the America edition!
- To be mentioned for the rest:
- The 6 metal tokens are related to Houston City, like: "Moonman with flag", drilling rig, cowboy boot and red hot pepper.
- There is no "Jail" but a "Traffic Jam" instead.
- Any player landing on the "Gulf of Mexico" (instead of "Free Parking") collects all the money in the center of the board.
- Instead of houses and hotels there are 2 models of grey plastic Skyline Sections and bruingele Keys to the City. Any combination of shapes may be used on the properties, up to a maximum of 4. Four Skyline Sections may be returned to the bank and a (gold) Key may be purchased.
- The small (45 x 78 mm) Big Fun and Contingency cards are all numbered and illustrated with funny pictures and have special texts like: "Houston … The Eagle has landed. Celebrate and advance to the space of your choice." and "5-4-3-2-1 Lift off! Advance to Nasa".
- The banknotes are printed in black on coloured paper and always mention "Cincinnati, Ohio". The 7 denominations are resp.: 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 500.