In this fast paced version of the Monopoly game, players race around the board visiting cities and collecting passport stamps. The first player to fill their passport wins! The gameboard features favourite cities like Seattle, New York, and Denver. The game also includes 4 iconic tokens: the Statue of Liberty, a baseball glove, a trolley, and a cowboy hat. Every time someone adds another stamp to their passport, they get closer to winning!
58 cities were in the running for a place on the 2015 version of the Here & Now U.S.A. version, but only 22 places up for grabs.
So how did a small town called Pierre in South Dakota, an old government town whose Capitol building still has saloon-style doors on the bathroom stalls, get top spot. The idea of adorning the world-famous monopoly board captivated local officials, media and residents. The city’s part-time mayor took to the local radio stations, teachers developed class activities around the contest and the state tourism department sent out social media blasts encouraging South Dakotans to help land Pierre on the board.
The full list of cities are:
- Brown: Waconia, MN; Chesapeake, VA
- Light Blue: Portsmouth, NH; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX
- Pink: Atlanta, GA; Little Rock, AR; Seattle, WA
- Orange: Cleveland, OH; Asheville, NC; Denver, CO
- Red: Detroit, MI; Boston, MA; Milwaukee, WI
- Yellow: Chicago, IL; Indianapolis, IN; Charleston, SC
- Green: New York, NY; Virginia Beach, VA; Los Angeles, CA
- Dark Blue: Pierre, SD; Minneapolis, MN
The Hasbro Gaming and Monopoly names and logos, the distinctive design of the gameboard, the four corner squares, the Mr. Monopoly name and character, as well as each of the distinctive elements of the board and playing pieces are trademarks of Hasbro for its property trading game and game equipment.
- Strive to own favorite US cities
- First player to fill their passport wins
- Fast-paced version of Monopoly game
- Ages 8 and up