Mini box - black - with separate board Trade Mark
Publisher: John Waddington Ltd. - ± 1956
Dimensions of the box: 16.1 x 19.2 x 2.6 cm / Dimensions of the board: 49 x 49 cm
The only differences between this black box and the earlier described red box here:
- Neither on the lid nor on the gameboard number 711981 is shown.
- Of both dice one is blue with white pips the other red.
Mini box - red - with separate board Trade Mark - 711981
Publisher: John Waddington Ltd. - ± 1957
Dimensions of the box: 16.1 x 19.2 x 2.6 cm of the board: 49 x 49 cm
In this edition the Trade Mark number 711981 appears on both the red/white "locomotives illustration" at the back of the board as in the centre of the playside, under the £ sign.
Features of this edition are:
- The stations are British Railways
- The rent of the unimproved Piccadilly is the same as of both other streets, only £22.
- The Chance cards are yellow through, the Community Chest cards are pink through.
- For an answer on questions to the works "Please enclose 3d. stamp".
- In the circle on the banknotes is under the large number is just blank.
- The banknotes have their old colours and denominations of : 1 - 5 -10 - 20 - 50 - 100 and 500.
- The tokens are flat metal figures on a foot. The figures are: buldozer - tank - car - motor with rider - electric engine and galleon (gold, solid sails).
- The houses and hotels are of dull wood.
- The set described had one red and one white die of 12 mm.